The Hohe Tauern National Park is the biggest National Park in Austria and the Alps, and one of the biggest conservation areas in Central Europe. On an area spanning some 1856 km2 you will find
- more than 300 mountain summits at above 3000 metres
- 342 glaciers spanning an overall area of 155 km²
- 279 natural mountain streams, of which 57 are glacial streams
- 26 considerably sized waterfalls (and countless smaller waterfalls)
- 551 mountain lakes of between 35 m² and 27 hectares
- 766 Moors
- The highest mountain in Austria – the Großglockner at 3798m
- The highest mountain in the state of Salzburg, at 3657m
The National Park Summer Card is your constant companion in the summer, since from the start of May until the end of October, it provides you with attractive free services along with numerous discounted deals with various partner businesses.
Pinzgau's local cable car and all SVV-Postbus services are provided free of charge, right across Salzburg's Pinzgau! This means even your car can enjoy a 'holiday'.
Detailed, current information about participating businesses and services available with the Summer Card is available from your hosts or from the tourist information office in Neukirchen.
A snippet of the inclusive services
- Free daily use of Pinzgau's local railway and all the Salzburg Postbus services in Pinzgau.
- Free daily use of the participating Wandertaxi services.
- Day ticket for the Großglockner High Alpine Road.
- Day ticket for Gerlos Alpine Road.
- Dorfbahn Königsleiten
- Smaragdbahn Bramberg
- Panoramabahn Hollersbach
- Weißsee glacier world
- Wildkogelbahn Neukirchen
- Bird of prey exhibition & panning for gold in Heimalm
- Krimml outdoor swimming pool
- Kristallbad Wald im Pinzgau
- Mittersill outdoor swimming pool
- Mittersill indoor swimming pool
- Mini-golf Krimml
- GC Mittersill Nationalpark Hohe Tauern /Driving Range
- Bogendorf Stuhlfelden
- Archery Niedernsill
- National Park Centre | 360° Mittersill
- Museum Bramberg
- Mineralienmuseum Wald
- Celtic village at Stoanabichl Uttendorf
- Water Worlds Krimml and Krimml Waterfalls (combi-ticket)
- Toll road Kolm Saigurn
- and much more